Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Update

First I would like to thank all the friends and family that have visited Cindy's Blog! I cant begin to tell you how much it means to her when I read the messages that have been posted. This past week has been very difficult for her. She was hospitalized for low platelets and received a transfusion, her white blood count is low and subsequently has had to fight off several infections on top of everything else. Through all this she has kept her humor. I will keep you all updated on a daily basis on her progress. 

Today was a busy day she had blood draws this morning, and from there it was off to phoenix for her daily Radiation Therapy, followed by an appointment with her Radiology Oncologist, and finally back home at 5pm. I helped her out of the car, into the house, and straight to her bed. She seems to be a little more cheerful today cracking a small joke here and there :) I LOVE YOU my SWEET SISTER and I will continue to stand by your side every step of the way and when you cant walk I will carry you.

4 comments:

  1. I went to Mountain View High School with Laurie and my heart goes out to you, Cindy and to your family. You will be in my prayers- for healing and for perfect peace (Shalom) which means "Wholeness" in body, mind and spirit (Isaiah 26:2) With love, Stephanie Midthun

    PS Your artwork is beautiful...captivating! I do some mission work in Africa, so I love the African inspired ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you!! I hope that you get to feeling better soon!! We're all thinking about you out here in Georgia! I love the artwork! it's so beautiful! Love you Kalyn Newman Barbie's Best Friend(Hopefully)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lexie did an amazing job on your blog honey. I thought I'd just add a few comments since I was on it. I loved spending time with you last weekend. It brought back so many great memories, even if we did go over them several times together. It was so great to be together with your Mom and sisters and I especially enjoyed our late-night talks. I have always known your art was incredible but your more recent pieces are amazing, even more so in person. I hope to come out again very soon. Love you so much and your are always in my prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love you mom it breaks my heart that you are sick and mad but i think that you are very strong women and my hero you make me very happy that you are my mom you make me a strong person as well. just have hope never give up. i love you very much

    ReplyDelete