Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Afternoon

Mama D is spending some quality time with Cindy. When we are together we remember the fun times we experienced when she was a young art student. Now, Cindy is teaching me. Here she is facing the fight of her life and she continues to see the good in people around her,and the humor in the little things in life. She told me that by uplifting people in any way, it was her touch of healing them in some way. The word lovingkindness comes to mind when I think of her. She has lived the word her whole life, always placing others before herself.
We held hands and both fell asleep this afternoon.
Before she closed her eyes, she said "Angie, I have never been scared of cancer, there has always been a peace inside of me, right from the start". I told her that was the Holy Spirit within her.
She is an example of pure courage, strength and love, the likes of which I have never witnessed before in my lifetime. I am so very grateful for her friendship. She is in need of our prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment